"And now, the end is near/And so I face the final curtain/My friend, I'll say it clear/I'll state my case, of which I'm certain." So sang Frank Sinatra in his classic song, "My Way." Closing arguments were submitted, then came the verdict.
This is where America is as the end is near for Election 2016.
CBS News reports that "82 percent of Americans are disgusted with the presidential campaign." I opine the political situation is the result of the reckoning of eight years of incompetent, deceptive and uncooperative leadership that has brought us to a breaking point and this epochal moment.
Washington is broken. The Republican Party is fractured and behind the scenes individuals are discussing the possibility of a new principled party emerging. The Democratic Party has morphed into a radical, socialistic, amoral entity obsessed with holding power and eliminating all opposition, following Saul Alinsky's playbook where the end justifies the means.
I offer the following, fully aware that Trump's "Make America Great Again," pro-growth, reform agenda is laden with his glaring personal flaws. But as the Wall Street Journal stated in their editorial Saturday (11/5/16), "The case for Donald Trump is political disruption. A broken Washington needs to be shaken up and refocused on the public good, and who better to do it than an outsider beholden to neither political party?"
45 Positives of a Trump Win
1. There will be a gargantuan, collective sigh of relief experienced by millions of patriotic freedom-lovers who regain hope that God hears prayers for America to be repositioned back to our Founding Fathers' original vision.
2. Faith will arise in the hearts of millions that the deliberate distortion of our heritage as a Judeo-Christian nation can be thwarted and our true identity reclaimed.
3. Prayers of God-fearing Americans will be ignited as the vitriol and vengeance of the opposition in Hollywood, the media and political realm intensifies. Brace yourself for what is coming as resentment is unleashed revealing the absolute necessity of sustained spiritual warfare to counter the principalities at work.
4. Acting upon counsel from Heritage Foundation, President Trump will liberate the economy to regain real growth.
5. He will repeal ObamaCare and restore a freer market for reasonable health insurance.
6. Instead of an activist revisionist, he will fill Scalia's seat on the Supreme Court with an honorable individual from the list he publicly released.
7. He will champion ethics reform and "turn off the D.C. spotlight" on the likes of the Clintons, Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner, Donna Brazile, John Podesta, Lois Lerner, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Al Sharpton and a cast of characters too numerous to number.
8. He will bring an immediate stop to IRS targeting of conservative groups, churches and ministries.
9. He will honor his pledge to curb the threat to our national security and economic well being by addressing the immigration catastrophe in a responsible way.
10. He will tap his business acumen to work with Congress on pro-growth domestic reforms and stop burdensome regulations, entitlement and income redistribution policies that resulted in our worst economic recovery in 70 years.
11. He will rebuild the military and U. S. defenses that have seriously eroded during this past Administration.
12. He will appoint two or three Supreme Court Justices and over 300 Federal and Circuit Court judges who will uphold our United States Constitution.
13. He will work with senior military officials to identify and forthrightly address the Islamic terror threat.
14. He will restore our relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and reassure our strongest ally in the Middle East of our unwavering commitment to them.
15. He will restore United States energy production.
16. He will address simplifying our tax code and begin the long overdue work of reducing our scandalous national debt.
17. He will work with Congress to return education to the states, opening the door for charter schools and greater minority achievement.
18. In concert with military advisers, he will alter the reckless Iranian nuclear deal jeopardizing Israel, our allies and America.
19. With his cabinet and team of advisers, he will examine related immigration problems like amnesty, open borders, full benefits leading to voting rights, support for "sanctuary cities" and the issue of receiving refugees at this time.
20. He will work with law enforcement officials, advisers and ministers to restore respect for our dedicated police by proactive community programs and stopping the sowing of suspicion and disrespect by political leaders.
21. He will stop the avalanche of irresponsible commutations of prison sentences for dangerous criminals and jihadi terrorists from Gitmo. Our current president has set a record for reducing and releasing 944 federal prisoners!
22. He will reduce taxes through his leadership in Congress and renegotiate trade deals to benefit Americans.
23. President Trump will propose the immediate repeal of the Johnson Amendment that intimidates and stifles freedom of speech for ministers to speak on political issues.
24. His pro-life conviction and high-profile position on upholding the sanctity of life for unborn babies will raise America's consciousness to re-examine and retrace our steps on abortion, which has taken the lives of over 58 million defenseless human beings.
25. There will come a noticeable scaling back of promotion and celebration of the LGBTQ agenda, which has gained unbelievable prominence under this administration.
26. Obstruction to investigations dealing with Planned Parenthood buying body parts will cease immediately. There will be no repeal of the Hyde Amendment!
27. The scandals of the Veterans Administration will be addressed and veterans prioritized in terms of their health care.
28. The mindset that "This is as good as it'll get" in America will be dismantled from our national consciousness. Accepting 94 million people unemployed and 52 million people on food stamps as the "new normal" will be pro-actively obliterated.
30. Extravagant, lengthy vacations for top political leaders and their families, wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars, will no longer be the example set by America's top public servants.
31. Republican leaders who would not support the party nominee (some having given their word publicly) like the Bushes, John Kasich, Colin Powell, Romney, McCain, Schwarzenegger, Dana Perino and others will engage in soul-searching if they've become irrelevant and "out of touch." Time to move off the stage?
32. Outspoken celebrities who promised to leave America if Trump won should go. Say goodbye to Alec Baldwin, Chelsea Handler, Lena Dunham, Samuel Jackson, Cher, Al Sharpton, Barbra Streisand and Stephen King.
33. The Democratic Party platform to establish a national pathway for marijuana legalization will be blunted.
34. "Lame-duck" attempts by our president to further his eight-year aggressive assault on our religious freedoms will be seriously hampered by the incoming Trump administration.
35. America's reputation as the leader of the free world will be restored. Russia, Iran, North Korea and other mischievous countries will once again have a healthy respect for the U.S.A. and our allies will know they can trust us again.
36. Donald Trump will spur job growth and persuade industry to stay here by lowering taxes on everyone including the middle class. He will also reduce corporate taxes, the U.S. currently having the highest in the developed world.
37. Regardless of what happens with the current FBI investigation of Hillary, prepare for Donald to direct an investigation into the Clinton Foundation and reopen what really happened in the Benghazi tragedy.
38. Instead of a rogues gallery of appointed officials, picture a cabinet consisting of respected leaders like Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz. Instead of Al Sharpton and Jim Wallis as "spiritual advisers," how about Franklin Graham, Dr. James Dobson or Robert Jeffress?
39. No more feckless and irresponsible executive orders bypassing our established "checks and balances" political process!
40. An end to the fabricated role of Islam in America's founding and history, which created the impression that Muslims were instrumental in establishing America by their "many achievements and contributions."
41. Mr. Trump will stop the undermining of our religious freedoms such as the coercing of religious groups to provide life-ending abortifacients and contraceptives to employees.
42. No longer will we have individuals in the White House who were trained by the philosophy of Saul Alinsky, whose book Rules for Radicals was dedicated to Lucifer and promoted manipulating the masses to achieve goals.
43. We will not have in the Oval Office a career politician whose entire career has been riddled with scandals and duplicity. Most recent example: having expressed horror at Donald Trump's decade-old, private, vulgar remarks, Hillary held a rally in Pittsburgh with Jay Z dropping expletives and degrading women like he does in songs like his explicit "Big Pimpin'."
44. Mike Pence, Mr. Trump's vice president, one of the most respected, pro-life statesmen in America, is situated a heartbeat away from the presidency. He's a born-again Christian who states unashamedly his priorities begin with God!
45. Journalist P.J. Rourke once said, "In our national history we have shot four of our presidents, worried five of them to death, impeached one and hounded another out of office. And when all else fails, we hold an election and assassinate their character."
Donald Trump told us at a gathering of leaders in New York that he responded to the call to run for president because he could no longer sit idle and watch the nation he loves fall apart. He's paid a price as his character has been assassinated by a dishonest media and deceitful political opponents.
The odds were stacked against him incredibly in this David vs. Goliath battle. He's persevered in his quest to make America great again. I hope and pray we give him the chance to fulfill his dream.
Larry Tomczak is a cultural commentator of 46 yrs, Intercessors for America board member, best-selling author and a public policy advisor with Liberty Counsel. His new, innovative video/book, BULLSEYE, develops informed influencers in 30 days (see www.bullseyechallenge.com). Hear his weekly podcast here.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.